NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that on Thursday, September 19, 2019, STC will hold a REGULAR TRIBAL ELECTION.
THE FOLLOWING SEATS ARE OPEN:
Two (2) Tribal Council Seats – for three (3) year terms each, to expire October 2022
OTHER ITEMS ON THE BALLOT:
Approval of Amended By-laws and Constitution
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS: CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Skagway Traditional Council Tribal Member
2. 18 years of age as of September 19th, 2019
3. Able to pass background check with no felony
4. No elected board member my serve simultaneously as a president and an administrator
Interested persons wishing to place their name on the ballot may file a DECLARATION OF CANDIDACY with Tribal Office by August 1, 2019 ( Must be received in the office by 8/1/2019).
Declaration of candidacy packets can be found under the “Forms” tab
STC only conducts Absentee ballots. Ballots will be mailed or emailed (if we received your registration) by mid to late August. All ballots must be received in the mail by 9/19/2019 to be counted.
ELIGIBLE LIST OF VOTERS:
Will be posted at the tribal office bulletin board and on this website
VOTER QUALIFICATIONS: A person may vote in STC Tribal election only if the person:
1. is 18 years of age by election date;
2. is a base-roll or jurisdictional voter of Skagway Traditional Council
For more information visit the Elections page online at www.skagwaytraditional.org/election or contact the tribal Administrator at
Sara@skagwaytraditional.org or 907-983-4068.